Subject: Re: UKNM: Data on On-Site Games and traffic
From: Eric Ward
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:38:44 +0100

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, kevin moss replied to my comment

>>Caveat: Realize this type of visitor isn't exactly someone
>>who is into your site's other content, they are merely on the
>>prowl for shockwave sites/games.

with his comment:

>err, I find your caveat some what scary - who would produce a game just to
>get the *wrong* type of traffic to your site - isn't that just plain bad
>marketing. If the game is an advertising hook it surely needs to be the
>right type of hook for your target market.

Eric's reply.

Sure, but what I'm saying is that if you have gone the route
of creating Shockwve games anyway, and are seeding them
around the Web in hopes of attracting the *right* audience,
then take 60 seconds to submit said games to these sites that
are featuring them. Some of the game-trollers who visit
those sites will fit your profile of *right* kind of traffic,
and it costs you nothing. Zip. Nada. If you spent thousands
of dollars building a sw game, hell, submit it to those sites
that want to know about it.

Let me also say that in my opinon a shockwave game is not the
difference maker that will attract someone to any site. It's
merely a possible 'method of introduction' in the same way
that a free bag of popcorn is not going make me buy clothes
from a store, but when I go get the bag of popcorn it might
possibly introduce me to that store's goods.

Eric Ward

T h e W a r d G r o u p . c o m
Announcing The Web's Top Launches And Events Since 1994

"Ward has been the Svengali behind the scenes of some
of the Web's best known launches, from Amazon.com to
Rodney.com"

-- The Wall Street Journal (May, 1998)

EricWardatNetPOST [dot] com (Mailto:EricWardatNetPOST [dot] com) http://www.NetPOST.com/