Subject: Re: UKNM: Re: UKNM Digest V1 #599
From: will rowan
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 10:20:17 +0100

Tom,

from Ericsson's advertorial (they invented Bluetooth):
The Mobile Internet

"Cyber wallet goes on trial
The wireless wallet looks and feels like an ordinary wallet for bills and
coins. The big difference is that it's also packed with state of the art
technology.
There's a built-in card reader for credit cards; and a built in Bluetooth
enabled transmitter, so the card reader can communicate directly with any
Bluetooth-enabled mobile terminal or phone."

Ok, so it's only a concept. But bear with them.

* With Bluetooth, you won't have a cable between your phone and earpiece.
* Which means that you don't have to take your phone out to take a call.
* Which means that your e-wallet doesn't need you to take the phone out
make a transaction.
* And e cash enabled phones have been on trial for over a year.
* So expect to see a mobile phone that can carry out m-commerce
transactions in (say ) 12 - 18 months.

The start point for this thread was what's going to make m commerce take
off.
3G brings big bandwith to mobiles: Bluetooth hooks them into local networks.
Both are important to developing m commerce. Both is made more powerful by
the
other.

But since it's all in the future. 'probably'

regards

Will Rowan

--
If you need an E Commerce answer, ask the customer first
E AskatTheCustomer [dot] co [dot] uk www.TheCustomer.co.uk

ScreamingMedia the leading global technology platform for
the aggregation and distribution of digital content over the
Internet, is now operating in the United Kingdom.
Get relevant and customised content to attract visitors
to your site and keep them there. Click Here!

http://adcenter.in2.com/cgi-bin/click.cgi?tid=31036