Subject: RE: UKNM: Re: Mobile Commerce
From: Ken Cowley
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 23:33:48 +0100

Here's the state of play:

BT Charge you for the phone call
A share goes to the content provider
ICSTIS (the regulatory body for premium rate) restricts the value of such
calls to �20, and the top rate in this country for most content is �1 per
minute.
In some territories (cf Belgium, Germany, Australia) 'drop charges' can bill
you substantially immediately upon connection, with again a proportion going
to the 'content provider'

GIB runs a global premium rate ISP which can charge in this way for
content/downloads anywhere in the world. Email off list if anyone's
interested.

Ken Cowley
New Product Development
Global Internet Billing