Subject: RE: UKNM: trying to type WAP sites into my phone?
From: Ken Cowley
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 22:40:28 +0100

Hmmm

None of this is true as far as I can see.

As a Vodafone user I rang Orange for their settings and was given them over
the phone (they worked)

I have also used Vodafone's gateway and access number to access independent
sites like Loot entered as bookmarks, and to prove a point once went to
Ericsson's demo gateway (it's on their site somewhere) on a Freeserve
account dial-up and all went tickety boo - I got back to Vodafone's portal
this way too.

Don't know about BT Cellnet but the stuff I've tried did what it said on the
tin.

Ken Cowley
New Product Development
Global Internet Billing