Subject: UKNM: Recession will hit in 1999
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 20:26:51 GMT

I have already been told by a client that (media and marketing) costs will
be kept under tight control in 1999 owing to recessionary pressures. This
might worry some people but I think it could also be a big break for many in
this biz.

If Internet solutions cannot be used to provide more cost-effective service
to client what can?

There are going to be lots of new online merchant ventures, new online
retail brands, etc., that come into the market without any baggage. If done
properly some of these ventures will be in a strong position to displace
their established rivals.

It should also present a good opportunity for online media owners to reduce
their CPM rates for banner advertising - which will of course increase the
uptake in the UK.

Roll on the recession?

Ray Taylor
NMC/Adplan