Subject: RE: UKNM: AOL advertising
From: Leslie Bunder
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 17:23:20 GMT

I don't think we should play chinese whispers with this ad. Anyone from
AOL on the list who can confirm exactly what the "free" refers to in the
ad? Is it free trial, freephone support or freephone number to ring to
get the CD.

I saw somewhere that AOL were going to run some ads that took a knock at
FreeServe by showing how expensive the support line was. Anyone know
anything more of this?

Leslie
Leslie Bunder, technology writer
Teletext on the Web
e-mail: LBunderatteletext [dot] co [dot] uk
tel: 0171 386 3667 (UK) +44 171 386 3667 (outside UK)
mobile: 07010 701967 (UK) +44 7010 701967 (outside UK)
web: www.teletext.co.uk
post: 101 Farm Lane, Fulham, London SW6 1QJ, UK