Subject: Re: UKNM: Ranty philosophy
From: Mike Down
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 18:42:56 GMT

Current estimates of about of 1 Billion mobile phones by 2003 (offhand this
is 3 or 4 times the predicted number of computer based internet
connections).

Forget WAP as a serious long term development route. Users are updating
their mobiles every 20 months on average. If that trend contiues and the new
generations of combi phone/organizer/browsers are rolled out then this
should mean that a good proportion of these mobiles will have PDA size
screens and Micro-browsers built in . Content development will be a lot
easier than for WAP as well. OK there will still be limitations but it's
certainly a nice growth market that I'll be looking at.

Mike Down