Subject: Re: UKNM: Spilling
From: Sam Carrington
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:03:08 GMT

Of course you could even get your client to design and build their sites for
you, which would eliminate the need for designers account managers and
coders
altogether, and no doubt make the client very happy with their product.

Is it just me who thinks that having a multidisciplinary approach to what is
effectively a multidisciplinary medium makes sense. Designers who can meet
clients, copywriters who understand interface design, account managers who
understand what cgi and javascript do and how they differ. The client is not
sold meaningless jargon or a product which promises what it cannot deliver,
the text and information design mesh well. The product is useable and
understood by its target audience. Of course a proper QA procedure always
helps...

Heart, brain and hands should be able to communicate and know something of
each other, otherwise the fragmentation of the body is plain to see.

--
sam carrington // senior web developer // sensei.co.uk

This e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone
else is unauthorised. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.