Subject: Re: UKNM: Breathe
From: Richard Bailey
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:25:48 GMT

My 2p (and you might want to give me some change here)

Breathe are ICL (see fujitsu), they would not really miss that much.
They do Netscape, Which and countless others ISP work. I think at the
moment they have cut off some fat. The �50 free access for life has gone
and see Watch Dog nail them for that one if they don't give refunds. Not an
dragon you want to wake. Maybe "for life" was a bad idea. It will follow
on in a neat way from their client purge story (two or three months ago),
where breathe dumped all the user who used the service often with no
refunds.

About branding.
I think this is something that should be done once you have a customer base
who understand your product. It works for easy to understand products like
drink, foods and clothes. Maybe the cash is better spent with people like
Bush and getting thousands of iTV customers (nice one Virgin), instead of a
load of drippy adds about going out, retro clothes and bad hair cuts. If
you are going to do a set of adds why not stick to the normal and trusted
marketing structures? Why do experimental company's play the lottery of an
experimental type of marketing campaign? If the company has that little
hope of working you are forced to take such steps then maybe it too much of
a long shot to make money. At least they should explain what the product is
and how it can help or why the customer needs it, even a contact phone
number would be good.

<branding script>
(set view=a man walks across a beach and the words Richard Bailey are
removed for the sand by a wave as the light fades and the sunsets in two
seconds)
(Set music = Living Colours; Love Rears Up Its Ugly Head.)
</branding script>

If you all agree I will be upset.