Subject: Re: UKNM: WAP Numbers
From: Richard Gale
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:05:39 GMT

The main reason that I think that everyone in the industry is 'down-beat'
about WAP is that everyone knows that in its current format it perhaps has a
year left. WAP has really just been the learning curve for the industry and
should be seen as little else, it has taught the techies all about the
delivery issues, the producers all about the importance of context of
content/commerce and us marketing people the importance of not over hyping a
product so that the users are disappointed. Genie and Breathe have a lot to
answer for consumers have a low opinion of WAP.......the Internet on your
phone.....yeah right!

But the lessons that we have learnt with WAP will serve the whole industry
well with all the new generation of wireless applications that are being
worked on, and this recent report has many points in that we should take
note of if the same mistakes are not to be made again.

richard gale
marketing manager
365 corp plc