Subject: RE: UKNM: Design, Design, Design
From: Ken Cowley
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 19:09:52 GMT

Too true.

I do get a depressing number of CVs, pitches etc that are just plain wrong
however. I think the difference is that you don't necessarily expect market
traders to boast A levels, MSc IT courses, blah blah.

Is there a serious point for UKNM? Well as a client I just wouldn't hire
anybody who went around spraying market trader apostrophes all over the
place or confused 'infer' with 'imply', 'less' with 'fewer' and so on. And
that includes designers - I was a long time ago a Production Manager in
print, and illiterates in the studio were more trouble than they were
worth - I'd know that I would face a day blue-pencilling headlines and
standfirsts.

Perhaps it's just the old proofreader in me reacting with an overdose of
seasonal cheer...