Subject: Re: UKNM: Design, Design, Design
From: Ashley Pomeroy
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:24:12 GMT

using apostroph es at all 'cause it's too damn confusing.<<<<

Personally, I think Jakob Neilsen is wonderful, and you're wrong. We
shouldn't even be discussing him, in fact. As advertisers our job is to
attract the attention of the customer; Jakob is an information designer,
not a marketeer, and his philosophy approaches design from this
perspective. From our perspective, design exists to attract the attention
of the customer - from his perspective, design exists to assist the
transmittal of information. To argue from a marketing point of view that
Jakob Nielsen is fundamentally broken is to argue that a book should
consist of a front cover, a back cover, and a publicity campaign.

-
"In the land of the blind, the blindest man is king"
Ashley Pomeroy - arpatslab [dot] org - http://www.ashleypomeroy.com/