Subject: Re: UKNM: Advertising A Website?
From: Ross Sleight
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 17:35:59 GMT

Mark Curtis wrote:

> But its horses for courses isn't it. We're discovering right now that
> off-line ads work very well for Screentrade (www.insurance.co.uk). And to no
> surprise the single best effect comes from great press coverage, though you
> can't build a campaign around the latter. I'm not suggesting that off is
> therefore better than on, just that in this case the mix appears to work.

Mark - I agree here - the big issue is if you have an online only brand
does offline advertising make sense money wise for targeting usage?
Offline brands promoting their online presence offline is not at issue
here. I'm pleased to hear that Screentrade (online only brand) is
working well offline - its an interesting case study.

Ross