Subject: Re: UKNM: Creativity
From: Tim Hayward
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 14:14:39 GMT

"The cost of placing banner ads on Web sites is finally falling, with
the average price per 1,000 online "impressions" down 5.6% in December 1998
from a year earlier. "It's a simple example of supply and demand," says the
marketing director at AdKnowledge. "Many more sites are seeking
advertising, so there's a lot more to choose from." Meanwhile, the
click-through rate (the percentage of viewers who actually click on a
banner ad to find out more information) is down as well. According to the CEO
at Agency.com, the current rate is 0.5%, down from 1% a year ago and 2.5% two
years ago. "People are more focused about the use of the Internet.
They want to do what they came to do and they don't want to click on a
banner."
(Wall Street Journal 24 Feb 99)"