Subject: Re: [uk-netmarketing] RE: Carrier Bags
From: Ashley Pomeroy
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 10:55:17 -0000

There should be a big coffee table book compiling all the advertising
materials for the various failed e-tailers. It was only a few months ago
that I used to walk past a Boxman.co.uk billboard on my way to work, and
it seems a shame that all that creative time and effort has just
vanished. Is there a photograph of a Boxman billboard on the internet, or
anywhere?
What happens to all that failed advertising? Does it get logged in
people's portfolios, or does it just get thrown out? It would be easy to
make a book of it all. A publisher could hire a hack - such as myself - to
fill it with 20,000 words of waffle, print it up in hardback, and sell it
for 25ukp as a lifestyle accoutrement.

I can't believe that I spelled accoutrement correctly, but I did.

Future generations will have to use Photoshop to make mockups of a common
modern high street.

-
"In the land of the blonde, the blondest man is king"
Ashley Pomeroy - arpatslab [dot] org - http://www.ashleypomeroy.com/