Subject: RE: [uk-netmarketing] Re: Offline Verification of Credit Cards
From: Robin Edwards
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:54:17 -0000

Definitely great stuff if you can make it apply to you.

Obviously this is a big problem for merchants trying to ship goods for next
day delivery. I wonder if they are hit by a higher percentage of fraudulent
transactions as a result? Also, the high volume guys, such as Amazon, would
find it very difficult to manually check every name, address and phone
number against the electoral register. I know they use fraud screening
services, such as Cybersource, but can that validate name against address
and telephone number automatically?

Anyone got any figures on how big a problem CC fraud is in the UK for
various sectors?

--
Robin Edwards
Clockworx