Subject: Re: UKNM: Phew what a week!
From: Speechrad
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 14:04:39 GMT

jamesatwebweaver [dot] uk [dot] com James Bruce MBA
Head of eBusiness Consultancy Services
BT Indirect Channels
BT plc

writes:

<< AOL/Time Warner get into bed, Bill Gates moves sideways. What does this all
mean for the future of our bread and butter :-)

Early thoughts:
1. Smaller eComm sites and brands without the critical mass to partner with
the new super portal and emerging vortals will be left with little exposure
as the AOL leviathan sucks in late internet entrants into its cosy new
world. [Late adopters are far less likely to venture into the 'uncharted'
territory of the www, particularly if there is a sea of content within AOL.]
2. Could this new development further fuel Venture Capital fever, as
startups furiously try to reach CM
3. Cost of Venture Capital (averaged against all ventures) goes up as
measured against equity.
4. TWarner Content delivery through Broadband...

Any more thoughts....

James Bruce MBA
Head of eBusiness Consultancy Services
BT Indirect Channels
BT plc >>

Yes, here's a few ,,,,,,,,, although I'm sute you're not responsible for BT
policy ;)

Rearrange the following words into a well known phrase or saying

kettle, black, the, pot, calling

And

access, metered, back, holding, Internet, UK, business

then try

heal physician thyself

No personal animousity intended but it ill behoves UK plc's / business to
criticise US Co's if we can't get our act together. Broadband access is not
available here enturely because of BT we could have had unmetered access and
an equivalent of ADSL broadband here a long time ago. Now AOL is set to jump
straight in when they do ...