Subject: Re: [uk-netmarketing] Ad rates query
From: Charles Meaden
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:43:43 -0000

At 11:19 22/01/01 +0000, you wrote:
>If I had a mailing list that reached 6000 professionals in a single
>profession what kind of ad rates / sponsorship fees would I be looking to
>get ? How would this change if the 6000 were decision makers for purchasing
>IT software?

If we were looking to use the list we would ask the following questions

1. How current is the list and when was the last time it was cleaned of
dead email addresses?
2. What was the response rate last time the list was mailed (if ever)?
3. What data do you hold on the person. Is it just an email address or is
there a more complete picture?

If the list hadn't been mailed before we wouldn't expect to pay very much,
but to a warm list that had plenty of demographic information we would dig
deeper into our pockets.

Best wishes

Charles

Charles Meaden - Managing Director
Digital Nation - Intelligent Internet Marketing
T: +44 (0)208 864 5420
E: charlesatdigitalnation [dot] co [dot] uk
W: http://www.digitalnation.co.uk