Subject: RE: [uk-netmarketing] banner ads v PR
From: Mat Morrison
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:20:26 -0000

Are apples more or less tasty thatn oranges?

Suspect you mean as a traffic-driving mechanism -- rather than
awareness-generating, or trust-building exercise.

Why not do both? I'd not be alone if I suggested that you cannot sensibly
measure the impact of an individual communication channel in the complex
environment in which our messages appear (this is an understandably
unpopular opinion)

On the plus side, however, we do find that CTR improves during TV, press and
PR activity. The banner seems to act as an aide memoire and entry point