Subject: Re: [uk-netmarketing] Re: Online scratch cards and use of shockwave
From: Jason Dale
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:12:29 -0000

> Not wanting to be too contentious, but when you say every entrant has a
> chance of winning with Tombola, don't you mean that everyone has a chance of
> winning before they get served up their card. As I understand once they
> receive the card players don't have the ability to change the outcome of the
> result, the card that is served is already a winner or a loser.

I've absolutely no idea how Tombola functions - all I know is that as a company
that run scratchcard promotions they have a good reputation, have made a lot
of happy winners, and have been very impressive in the way they've run their
games etc. Personal viewpoint of course.

Whether you're scratching 3/6 panels or 6/6 panels, the effect of
marketing/promotion isn't going to be much different - but given a competition
with realistic prizes and people winning and commenting favourably compared
to one where the odds of success of the grand insured prize are 1:99,884,400
(example uproar lotto) ....

Which one do you reckon best engages the consumer?

Jason

--
Loquax - http://www.loquax.co.uk - The UK's Competition Portal
Tel. 0191 270 0255 Mobile. 0777 376 8548