Subject: RE: [uk-netmarketing] fall of the dotcoms?
From: David Simpson
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:47:51 -0000

Kevin

OK so by now you are either thinking "damn - wish I'd phrased that
differently" or (more likely) "arseholes to you lot - didn't need your help
anyway".

The thought occurs though that an opportunity exists to make a truly
innovative piece on how a number of companies are making a success of the
web and are likely to continue to do so. The culling of shit ideas has done
a lot of good, 'wheat from chaff' , 'men from boys' that sort of thing. As
the dust settles you can make out some really strong ventures with
tremendous potential. Interest is stirring among the serious city
investors, projections for profit, revenue, revenue sources, and market size
are being scrutinised more closely this time as a result outlooks are more
realistic but in a number of cases they are still very optimistic.

No-one denies that some serious mistakes were made but it's been done to
death, time to move on ? By asking different (more positive) questions
you'll get a very different response from the list.

G'luck

David
David Simpson
Pool.Net