Subject: Re: UKNM: Yell Awards
From: Lee Rickler
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:00:15 +0100

>I'm sure in most instances you get what you pay for.
>
>Yell's client sites are hardly cutting edge (in design or technology), are
>they?

I recently put together a similar site, www.jmcrs.com, in about 15 hours
on my own. That included everything from picking up the copy, 2
photocopied A4 sheets, 3 major client-side changes to launching.
I charged a low end 4 figure sum.

I bet they would've have charged loads more.

JMCRS certainly won't win any awards but the client is well happy, and
after all, that's what counts isn't it ?

>http://www.salesforce-recruitment.co.uk/
hhmmmmm ... lovely husband and wife team !!

>http://www.yell.co.uk/sites/windband-instruments/
Love the bold text !!!

>This also raises another important point: Now that Yell are "designers"
>should they be hosting web design awards?

How come they never awarded themselves ?

Lee

* -- leeaturbanmediadesigns [dot] com -- *
* -- urbanmediadesigns.com -- *
* -- djindex.com -- *
* -- summerfestivals.com -- *
* -- and soon ... wwvinyl.com -- *