Subject: Re: UKNM: Scoot
From: Phil Rooke
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 14:45:12 +0100

"Of course, you can never trust sales people, so we had to check"

Ouch!, as a salesman I could find this offensive :-). Many sales people are
very trustworthy individuals.

A good sales person should be pointing out the benefits of their product and be
an effective consultant on the best way to use their products. Above all they
should be building trust between client and product. Lies and exaggeration
should not be part of the job. In my experience, sales people only resort to
lying when given a bad product with little benefits or market value, or are
just bad at sales.

However, bullshit gives this industry a bad name. So please be vocal about
those that practice this black art.

PS Carlton Online are currently looking for good New Media sales executives.
If you are one or know one, please get in contact. Definitely no cowboys or
'exaggerators' tolerated (our products won't need it).

Philip Rooke
Sales Director

Carlton Online Ltd
25 Knightsbridge