Subject: Re: UKNM: ATTENTION: New Business People
From: Danny O'Brien
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 17:46:43 +0100

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 01:50:28PM +0100, Fox Tucker wrote:
> >> Maybe they put it into a graphic to weed out clients that could possibly,
> >> just possibly, turn out to be complete tossers?
> >
> >I have to plead US-based ignorance here. Is "tossers" UK slang for
> >clients who know what their users want and won't be bullied into
> >building cool distractions instead? If so, thats the effect these
> >sites are having whether they intended to or not.
>
> No, "Tossers" is generally someone that knows what they want and runs around
> wasting the time of creative design agencies, when all they really need is a
> 15 old student who can crunch html when he/she gets home from college.

You think that building a usable site with decent navigation using HTML that
any browser can understand is the job only worthy of a fifteen year old?

You think a site that uses a preponderance of text-gifs, distracting Flash
animation, and a fistful of frames is a sign of *accomplishment*?

You'll excuse me if my head explodes in an eye-catching, vector-graphics
driven flurry of polygons.

d.
ps if you have the e-mail address of these fifteen year olds, I know a couple
of Web ventures who are looking to invest 45 million UKP in that kind of nous.

--
http://www.ntk.net/
sorry about the table