Subject: RE: UKNM: Putting a value on users
From: Bunder, Leslie
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:21:03 +0100

Talking of churn rates with Freeserve, I saw on the prospectus for the float
that there was something like just over 800,000 accounts dormant. It was
something like 2.1 million registered and just 1.3 million active.

When you look at the non-active accounts that represent the churn rate in
just under a year of operation, it makes some interesting reading especially
when you start putting those churn rates into perspective and in terms of
future growth.

But still, 1.3 million active accounts is impressive, the only question is
how the churn rate is going to go over the coming months, will they be able
to reduce the churn or not?

I wonder how the Freeserve churn rate compares with other free services (Mr
A Dale at Virgin care to comment???) or indeed paid for services.

Leslie
Leslie Bunder
Project Manager, TDL InfoSpace
e-mail: Leslie [dot] Bunderatinfospaceuk [dot] com (work) or leslieatbunder [dot] com (home)
Web: www.infospace.co.uk
tel: 01252 390516 (UK) +44 1252 390516 (outside UK)
mobile: 07010 701967 (UK) or +44 7010 701967 (outside UK)
Thomson House, 296 Farnborough Road, Hants, GU14 7NU