Subject: Re: UKNM: More overvalued stocks
From: Clay Shirky
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 10:21:11 +0100

> > > Agreed, but is 'the mutual agreement of the interested parties'
> > > what is actually going on here - other than in the most literal
> > > sense.
> >
> > What's wrong with the literal sense of worth? Surely it is the literal
> > sense people are interested in when they are working out a mutual
> > agreement, no?
>
> Clay, I was referring to a literal sense of 'mutual agreement', not the
> sense of worth.

Same question then - what's wrong with a literal sense of mutual
agreement? You seem to be suggesting that there is some notion of
transactional value that doesn't involve mutual agreement, but I am
having a hard time imagining where that value could be derived, if not
from the assessments of the people involved.

-clay