Subject: UKNM: Privacy Issues
From: Sam Michel
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:40:01 +0100

Following on from the debate about credit card fraud and privacy issues,
Wired has covered the Internet privacy summit in some detail, makes some
thought provoking reading:

http://www.wired.com/news/news/politics/story/13256.html

Sounds to me like everything is stacked against the individual at the
moment, and to turn that around the privacy advocates and the government
need a consistent stand with the technology to back it up. Does P3P offer
this? Seems to me it goes half-way there, but then I'm not an uber-techie,
anyone else?

Toodle Pip

Sam
Webmedia Group, 21 Noel St, London, W1V 3RD
T: 0171 494 0812 F: 0171 434 1304 E: samatwebmedia [dot] com
ICQ Pager: 4561042
Webmedia: http://www.webmedia.com
ShockeR: http://www.shocker.com