From: Tomski
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:21:51 +0100

>But registration is here to stay.
>
>Geoff Inns
>Business Development Manager
>Guardian Unlimited
>3 - 7 Ray Street
>London EC1R 3DJ
>Tel.: 0171 713 4457

if it's here to stay, Geoff, then you might at least make the effort to
ensure it actually works on your own site

Bet you don't tell advertisers how many *real* users you have once your
user db has undergone rudimentary de-duping. The scale of
repeat-registration is one of the dark secrets of online ad sales ("yes, mr
advertiser, we've got 132 lawyers earning over $100,000 who have registered
with our site and visit every day - they just all happen to live in the
same address in Islington")