Subject: Re: UKNM: anyone got capital?
From: Simon Wadsworth
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:15:49 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Sareen <rickatmedia21 [dot] co [dot] uk>
To: uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com <uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com>
Date: 22 June 1999 20:21

>At 6:47 pm +0000 21/6/99, Simon Wadsworth wrote:
>
>>It is possible to convince investors to part with
>>hard earned (or otherwise) cash but a good idea alone is unlikely to
>>succeed. A track record and incredible financial reporting mechanics
>>in place, go a long way.
>
>Do you mean a *sucessful* track record, Simon?

Rick, the individual with the idea doesn't have to have a successful track
record necesarily but the key individuals in either management or on the
board have to. As we all probably know, the entrepeneur with the idea is not
always the best person to manage, market and grow a business. Surround
yourself with people who have done 'it' who can guide and help but can also
convince investors to part with money. People generally invest money in
people - sounds obvious but great ideas alone are often not enough.

Simon Wadsworth
Brand New Media Ltd
01132 890660