Subject: Re: UKNM: anyone got capital?
From: Rick Sareen
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 20:06:56 +0100

At 6:47 pm +0000 21/6/99, Simon Wadsworth wrote:

>It is possible to convince investors to part with
>hard earned (or otherwise) cash but a good idea alone is unlikely to
>succeed. A track record and incredible financial reporting mechanics
>in place, go a long way.

Do you mean a *sucessful* track record, Simon?

I ask because in this country we have an attitude to "failure" (aka: had a
go) that is not mirrored in the USA . Here you are written off if not
immediately sucessful, whereas in the US some previous failures are seen as
a plus.
As all our mums told us: you learn from your mistakes.

Also, if you are a sucessful entrepreneur, you are not likely to walk away
from something that is working, so there seems to be something of a Catch
22 here.

Perhaps the UK market should take extra note of the word "venture":-)

--
Rick Sareen
40-42 Scrutton Street, London, EC2A 4QL