Subject: Fwd: Re: UKNM: " lack of faith in the Internet as a brand-buildin
From: Sam Michel
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 20:30:12 GMT

As you may have gathered this message wasn't from me, it originated from
Kevin Mason, sorry for any confusion.

_________________________________
>Subject: UKNM: " lack of faith in the Internet as a brand-building to
>Author: uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com at Internet
>Date: 19/03/98 19:22
>

>I would like to hear any comments to the article in last issue
>of Campaign (p. 18) about the American web market "Cutbacks
>force a Web rethink". I don't want to discuss about negative trends and
>shake out. We did this already on the list.
>
>But rather that the article starts with
>
>" ... lack of faith in the Internet as a brand-building tool ... "
>
>I'd like to play the devil's advocate - how would you react to these points
>of
>view ..based on some of the people I'm currently dealing with ;-)
>

>1) Will the web form part of integrated communications for a FMCG brand,
>but one that is really unimportant because it does not reach its most
>interesting target groups? They watch television.
>
>2) We need standardisation, but doesn't this block out innovation? Banners
may
>be easy to sell and clients understand them but the model is too close to
print
>advertising, where awareness rates are coming under increased scrutiny.
>(E.g. GM is declining its print ad spending because it is not efficient
enough )
>Where are the new advertising models on the web?
>
>3) Should a brand owner wait until interactive TV kicks off. Then he can
easily

>integrate the web in his interactive TV advertising campaign.
>
>What are the real strengths for branding on the Internet today?
>
>Andreas Walde
>Axcess Media
>0171 384 3565

Toodle Pip

Sam
Webmedia Group, 21 Noel St, London, W1V 3RD
T: 0171 494 0812 F: 0171 434 1304 E: samatwebmedia [dot] com
ICQ Pager: 4561042
Webmedia: http://www.webmedia.com
ShockeR: http://www.shocker.com