Subject: Re: UKNM: Creativity
From: Mike Butcher
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:45:44 GMT

>Actually, I think Ray's point here is really quite intriguing. Spending
>your traffic building budget in an expensive medium like the net may be
>bonkers. Maybe we should get traffic from cheaper media like radio and
>print and use banners for branding...

On that note, US ticketing site Priceline.com has done NO online
advertising - mainly press and radio. It now claims to be one of the top
five trafficked commerce sites in the States.

Mike

Mike Butcher - Editor - New Media Age - 50 Poland St, London W1V 4AX
T: 44 (0)171 5777 254 F: 44 (0)171 9704 899 http://www.nma.co.uk
Subscribe to NMA - http://nma.oyster.co.uk/public/online/subscribe.html
Want news? Send JOIN ALERT in subject to matthewbatcentaur [dot] co [dot] uk (mailto:matthewbatcentaur [dot] co [dot] uk)
NMA Awards: http://www.nma.co.uk/public/effectiveness/effects.html
NMA Congress: http://www.nma.co.uk/public/congress/congress.html