Subject: UKNM: Non-clickable banners
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 13:57:35 GMT

The follows on from the previous discussion on the subject.

I can understand site owners not wanting to lose traffic via links and
banners and, if they are not specifically offering an advertising
service, there is no reason why they should.

But rather than lose the link and cause all that button finger
frustration, why not hit an obvious compromise and provide a link to a
single page hosted on the same site? That way you allow the partner to
provide as much information about their services as possible, and you
give people who want to click and find more somewhere to go without
losing them.

If the partner puts a simple "email me" button on the page could allow,
for instance, a one-off reminder to visit the partner site at a later
date.

If you are going to offer partners non-clickable banners, why restrict
yourself to 486x60 format?

Ray Taylor +44 181 639 0015
NMC/Adplan www.nmcadplan.com online ad planning and buying
tayloratnmcadplan [dot] com