Subject: Re: UKNM: Mo' Banner Blues
From: Tomski
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:46:59 GMT

>Assume a CPM of �20 and you're talking a whopping �300,000 if my brain
>is working properly. Which is cheap compared to TV, I know...but even
>Tom Loosemore can't persuade his clients easily of the virtues of
>spending a few grand on banners.

no no, I have to fight to *stop* clients *wasting* a few grand on
banners... since

- i) if you've only got a few grand to promote your site, you don't wanna
waste it on a few thousand banner impressions; spend it on good PR or
search engine chicanery instead
- ii) if you're determined to dabble in a few banners, then at least
invest in creating several (wildly?) different banners and learn about how
users react to the various portrayals of your brand

__
www.tomski.com
mob: 0958 596 282
home: 0171 690 8314

'Y'see Tom, you and me, we work the paradigm night shift'
-Matt Jones, 24 Feb 99