Subject: RE: UKNM: Sky goes free (sort of)
From: Bunder, Leslie
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 17:51:55 +0100

But as we all know from seeing Web sites, an annoucement is made and
reported in the press and on TV/radio yet there is no reference to it on
a Web site of the company concerned.

It gets worse expecially when they issue a press release, yet it is not
uploaded onto the Web site until a week or even later after the event!

I think many businesses are now realising it is important to get up your
press release/announcement as soon as you issue the paper release.

But for some sites and businesses, it is an issue to be resolved
internally who actually maintains and updates the site. Is it marketing,
is it MIS/technical, is it the agency???? Whatever it is, it is an
issue to be resolved and they need to be pro-active about it.

When Bradford & Bingley recently had a vote on becoming a bank, it was
good to see that as soon as the result of the vote was known they
updated the site.

Leslie

Leslie Bunder
Project Manager, TDL InfoSpace
e-mail: Leslie [dot] Bunderatinfospaceuk [dot] com (work) or leslieatbunder [dot] com
(home)
Web: www.infospaceuk.com
tel: 01252 390516 (UK) +44 1252 390516 (outside UK)
mobile: 07010 701967 (UK) or +44 7010 701967 (outside UK)
Thomson House, 296 Farnborough Road, Hants, GU14 7NU