Subject: Re: UKNM: More webwashing
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 10:13:08 +0100

Yeah, let's ban all advertising on web sites. But why stop there?
Advertising reduces TV viewing time by around 20%, takes up valuable space
in a magazine, hides interesting building sites along roadways, and
transforms an otherwise pleasant twice daily social experience for London
commuters into a mind-numbing exercise in avoiding everyone's gaze in order
to read the tube ads.

Let's get back to wall-to-wall black and white TV, black and white
magazines, and concentrating on the traffic jam, not the billboard. We don't
need advertising to support media, we just need a state news agency and more
BBC sitcoms (single camera, mono, sound and laughter optional).

And as for newspapers, if everybody had to pay �10.00 a day for their daily
read we would have less of those bloody awful recycling points popping up
all over the place.

Ray Taylor
NMC/Adplan - the online advertising agency
2,000,000,000 greenbacks can't be wrong