Subject: RE: UKNM: ADMIN: Times are a changin'
From: Jim Sterne
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 17:29:52 +0000 (GMT)

At 08:35 AM 11/5/98 , Steve Johnston/IMRG wrote:
>Where Sam spends at least an hour, I spend at least 15 mins
>reading/responding/being-sent-off-on-intellectual-tangents. Yep I am a
>stakeholder alright.
>
>Sam are you tinkering with the bottom-line, in which case you'll hear no
>more from me on the subject, or are there bigger plans afoot. We should be
>told.

We should be told no such thing. We are not stakeholders
we are freeloaders. If you don't like the way Sam runs
HIS list, unsub. Sam's been providing the free tea and
scones here for quite a while. How long should he have
to pay for it out of his own hide?

Glenn Fleishman put it to a vote on the original
Internet Marketing List. Those who don't study the
past will be condemned to discuss it as if it never
happened: http://www.i-m.com/archives/latest/0306.html

In a nut shell, we all begged Glenn to continue
his editorializing. Some of us mailed him checks.
'Scuze me, cheques. It became an advertising-
supported list as all of the worthy ones do.
In the end it was put to death by Glenn himself.

It's passing was memorialized by your obt srvt:

http://www.targeting.com/webmaster1096.html

Jim Sterne Target Marketing of Santa Barbara
jsterneattargeting [dot] com http://www.targeting.com
Author, Speaker, Consultant +1 805-965-3184
Internet Marketing & Customer Service Strategy Consulting
Subscribe today to the mostly monthly "Full Sterne Ahead"