Subject: Re: UKNM: uk cyber elite
From: manou
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 17:13:53 +0000 (GMT)

Giles wrote:

'This week's Time magazine lists what it calls the world's Top 50 Cyber
Elite - "technology's movers and shakers". Oddly, the only UK people in the
list are, um, dance music band Massive Attack. Anyone care to nominate some
names from over here that *should* have made it in? This is ultimately for
the purposes of a news story, but I promise I won't quote anyone'

Well - it all depends how you want to look at it...what criteria did Time
use? Impressions per month? Users (registered or not)? Traffic? Type of
service? Loyalty (repeat visits, duration of time on site etc)? Pioneer in
the industry? Press coverage/PR? Cutting edge company mission statement?

Postmaster IS a pioneer (Europe's first free web-based email service), has
one of the most trafficked sites in Europe (so certainly in the UK),
delivers serious impressions per month (call me if you want the number),
has a very loyal base that come to the service every day for a significant
period of time, has been featured in the press (BusinessAge, WebIreland,
Scotsman, Revolution to name a few), and BiblioTech, the company behind
Postmaster, is about to launch a number of new services...all in tune with
our desire to be a forward-thinking European company taking on the big boys
from across the Atlantic and offering services that are cross-cultural in
look and feel. So...I am sure there are plenty of other European players
that deserved inclusion...but there again look at the publication...there
are some who believe that their is a fine line between the CIA, Coca cola
and Time magazine...why would they even think of looking abroad? Massive
Attack????? Please.

Manou Marzban
Director of Marketing - BiblioTech
0171 460 4647
email: manouatpostmaster [dot] co [dot] uk