Subject: UKNM: Lord save us from tampax banners on the web....
From: Philip Rooke
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 15:51:11 +0000 (GMT)

>I assume you're asking this with reference to targeting >female specific
>advertising?

>Lord save us from tampax banners on the web....

You have to be joking, these are exactly the bread and butter revenue ads
that this media is missing in the UK:

http://www.fastsummit.com/adgallery/adgallery7_31_98/ad_of_day/8_20_ad_index
.htm

Personally I can't wait for these, washing powder, toilet paper, toothpaste
and toilet cleaner.

Procter & Gamble, Lever Brothers & Kimberly Clark spent over �216 million
pounds on advertising last year. If just 1% of that was spent on Banners,
then the Internet advertising market would rise 14%.

So don't be negative about these guys.... We love them!

Philip Rooke
'Advertising' Sales Director
Carlton Online
t:0171 663 3682