Subject: RE: UKNM: Brand-building banners
From: Marcus Exall
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 18:01:56 GMT

You wrote:

'the reason i hate banners so much is that they delay me getting the
information i went to the web page to see, and therefore represent an
invariably negative brand experience. it's as simple az`s that for me.'

This only the case with some of the old ad-serving solutions that use
javascript. Most ad solutions nowadays do not delay the loading of a page
at all - the loading of the ad and page are totally independent.

The delay of the page loading is more likely to do with other factors such
as bandwidth, location of server, size of page files/images and references
to external javascript.

Regards

Marcus