Subject: Re: UKNM: chartered status for web professionals
From: manou
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:15:56 +0100

I am with you Chas. like all industries, an association started by some,
with a closed door policy will only lead to other associations being formed
- ultimately leading into rivalries. I have seen such scenarios in a
number of professional arenas - and all that happens is groups jockying
for legitimacy and/or power and eventually causing more harm than good. A
chartered status is the only solution - a program that is universal if not
global in legitamacy. That said...I am skeptical...

Manou Marzban
Director of Marketing - BiblioTech
0171 460 4647
email: manouatpostmaster [dot] co [dot] uk