Subject: RE: UKNM: WAP
From: Ben Hunt
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 19:22:14 +0100

Yes, there was an article in October's '@' createonline mag...

Titled "Waiting for 3G", it's a transcript of a seminar/chat between
Ericsson's marketing director, Steve Walker, and a dozen
marketing/creative/tech folk plucked from London nm agencies. I won't type
out the whole thing, try and get hold of it (they haven't published it on
the site, which they should), but here's an excerpt:

"<Walker> WAP, in combination with GPRS, is extremely powerful; the two
really compliment each other well. So if you read anywhere in the press that
GPRS is going to replace WAP, it is totally and utterly wrong. That's like
saying apples are going to replace oranges. It ain't true...

I do get a little frustrated, because what people are doing is measuring the
underlying technology, rather than measuring the services which will be
deployed by the technology. WAP is in its absolute infancy."

: )B

Ben Hunt
Producer
Poulternet