Subject: UKNM: Net Events
From: Zing!n Media
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 20:55:12 +0100

Hi,

Sorry to ask for everyone's help again (especially after kicking off that
top 10 sites avalanche last time) but we're putting together a net events
listing feature (a guide to web chats, time limited special offers etc.) and
we need to know what's happening where and when.

Once the service is up and running we'll have a form on Zingin.com for site
owners to submit their events but we want to start filling up the database
before it goes live to ensure that we don`t have too many "nothing's
happening" messages.

Basically we're looking at a searchable database of events for up to, say, a
month in advance plus a personalise-able "happening today" box on the front
page.

If anyone has anything planned for the next few months and would like some
extra traffic, please let me know ASAP. Even if date/time is TBC we'd still
like to know so we can contact you nearer the time.
Alternatively, if you're planning anything special which you don`t want
widely publicised until the time is right, give me a ring on my direct line
number (in my sig.) and I`ll ensure it doesn`t get listed until you're
ready.

On an unrelated note, our series of web guide books (eight of the little
monkeys, published by Prentice Hall) will be in all good bookshops (inc. the
big online ones) at the end of the month. If you've been listed on Zingin
for more than a couple of months then the chances are that be mentioned in
at least one of them - let me know if you want to check.

Also, we're already preparing the next edition(s) so it's worth submitting
your URL at http://www.zingin.com/add.html if you haven`t already. Me? Using
this list to get site submissions? Oh dear god yes.

Ciao for niao.

Paul

==

Paul Carr
Managing Editor

Zingin.com - The UK's finest internet guide.
http://www.zingin.com

Direct Phone: 0115 8451203
Direct Email: paulatzingin [dot] com

Zingin Mail - FREE from http://www.zingin.com