Subject: UKNM: Spam alert
From: Ranulf Flambard
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:55:49 +0100

I have just begun reading this most distinguished and eloquent of reading
lists. You can understand my surprise when I discovered that I was not in
the cold meat section of an online supermarket as I first suspected because
of the overwhelming preponderance of SPAM !!!

I have never personally liked spam. It is cold, wet, slippery and smells of
old people (rumour has it that it is made from them as well ?).

We all know that there are some good firms out there, both large and small,
and that we work for them. Can we refrain from blatant plugs ? I see in the
recent banner advertising thread there are 3 clear winners;

bronze - Jonathan from Valueclick - oh please, at least pretend you don't
work for them

silver - adrian from Scotti media (are those realmedia ads i see being
served - where are yours ?)

gold - (and my personal favourite, adrian from 'thedeal' who plugging
several 'useful' affiliate sites (in response to a banner advertising
question) and who is, funnily enough, MD of one of them.

Am I being vindictive ? Or has spam come back into fashion ???

yours ever

Ranulf

http://profiles.msn.com.