Subject: RE: UKNM: Internet advertising - abuse of hit rates
From: Mat Morrison
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 15:01:14 +0100

I'm sure everyone else will pitch in with a response to this. Almost
certainly, Mr Foan of ABCe will have an answer.

My experience is not the same as yours -- the media owners I deal with do
their best to be accurate (some are *beginning* to offer campaign auditing
-- rather than the rather less useful Site Audit).

My concern is *why* you want this information? If it's for media purposes,
you only *really* ned to know how many times your ad was shown. If you don't
trust 'em, put the ad and script on your own server.

Incidentally, if you have a slow server, then reported click-through and
referrer logs won't match... (they never do, really, but the disparity will
be higher).

M.