Subject: RE: UKNM: US Patents Office and e-commerece
From: Marcus Austin
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 13:52:39 +0100

>"If you take information from remote instructions using an URL like a
>channel, you're directly on top of our patent," says Dave Ladouceur, chief

>applications as sending a phone bill over the Web so that users only need
>to click the link to see the online version."

This is such general description it's almost impossible to say
anything, I wouldn't worry about it. Wait until you see the proper
patent. What they describe also seems to imply that if you used an
HTML link in any document then you would be infringing their patent.

Marcus Austin
Editor - Internet Works
Tel 01225 442244 fax 01225 732295

www.iwks.com