Subject: Re: UKNM: Re: excuse me, someone has stolen our domain ...
From: Phil Gyford
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:06:08 +0100

At 12:54 24/09/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Far be it for me to spread gossip and rumour...
>
>Oh all right then - I heard a figure of $3m banded about a few weeks ago
>
>Anyone top that?

It's not exactly secretive gossip. The figure of $3.3m was reported in the
press at the time, to quote news.com: "But the $3.3 million figure has been
widely reported by media outlets as well as sources that asked not to be
named."

ATI registered altavista.com in 1994, Digital started their search engine
in 1995.

Phil Gyford w:0171.766.6491
Deputy Editor h:0171.622.9058
Capital Interactive philatgyford [dot] com
http://capitalradio.co.uk http://www.gyford.com