Subject: RE: UKNM: Freeserve - you don't get nothing for nothing
From: Mat Morrison
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:56:12 +0100

Lee,

Don't know if you've heard this one, but: "It's better to say nothing and
let people think you're a fool..."

I'm not sure what you're complaining about. I'm not convinced that you are,
either.

The email you received answered your questions. Given the questions you were
asking, it was pretty much the politest way they could phrase their response
(I can think of other things a *less* consumer-oriented mind might have
responded).

Don't know about you, Lee, but I generally find that when I want to find out
about a company, I look at their website first.

On this particular one, there's a big banner at the top of the page. I
clicked on that, and it took me to the page which (kind of) answered the
questions...

FAQ2 Is it really free?

Yes, it's really free. You will not be asked to give us any credit card or
bank details and we do not ask for any money. The only thing you pay is the
local rate phone call to access the service. These calls will show up on
your phone bill as a local 0845 call.

FAQ5 Are local phone calls expensive?

Local phone call rates vary depending on your telephone company. A typical 1
hour connection to the Internet at the weekend would cost you 60p or less
depending on any discount scheme you may be on. We think you'll agree that
60p for an hour's entertainment represents very good value for money.

incidentally, the page was at: http://www.freeserve.net/cserve/about.htm

(don't know what email system *you're* using, but most of us can click on
URLs)

I'd feel bad about being so rude, but:

a) I use my energy so much more efficiently these days

b) your use of multiple punctuation marks suggests to me that you won't
realise that I *am* being rude.

Seeing as my e-mail app doesn't use embeded html I can click as much as I
want but I aint gonna get no where !!!

Not exactly the most helpful answer. Wish there was a customer service
number that I could ring !!?!!

Lee

* -- leeaturbanmediadesigns [dot] com -- *
* -- urbanmediadesigns.com -- *
* -- djindex.com -- *
* -- summerfestivals.com -- *
* -- and soon ... releasethegroove.com -- *