Subject: UKNM: Re: excuse me, someone has stolen our domain ...
From: Sam Michel
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 18:33:25 +0100

At 17:19 23/09/98 +0100, steve bridger <steveatolp [dot] co [dot] uk> wrote:
> No doubt you've all read this week about the "global alliance" between five
> mega-airlines: American Airlines, British Airways, Canadian Airlines,
> Cathay Pacific and Qantas under the brand oneworld�
>
> Hmm ... thought I'd check out
> <http://www.oneworld.com/>http://www.oneworld.com - only to discover
> One World Internetworking, Inc. - an Oregon-based IT solutions provider -
> with a rather pretty and prominent "oneworld" banner linking to
> <http://www.oneworldalliance.com/>http://www.oneworldalliance.com/
>
> Nice little earner.

Ditto for <http://www.bdb.co.uk/>, which I mistakenly thought might
be the home place of British Digital Broadcasting before they changed the name
(you can find them at http://www.ondigital.co.uk if you're interested).

Anyone know what the guys who had registered
<http://www.altavista.com/> got from Digital when they
bought the domain name off them? You'd have though a company like DEC would
have had the foresight not to use a brand name for an Internet product that
had
already been registered by someone else.

Toodle Pip

Sam
Chinwag - http://www.chinwag.com
ICQ Pager: 4561042