Subject: RE: UKNM: excuse me, someone has stolen our domain ...
From: Duncan Macmillan
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:56:19 +0100

I dealt with an odd case of this d-commerce at my last firm, though on a
somewhat more modest scale. The domain firstgroup.com had been registered
by one of my little clients, First Group Ltd.. About a year or so later, we
got a fax from FirstGroup plc (formerly FirstBus plc), the large (turnover
>�1bn) public transport group. They own Great Eastern Railways, Great
Western Railways, 23% of UK bus operations, and Bristol International
Airport.

They expressed an interest in buying the name, and to cut a long story
short, they paid �8000 to my client, who was well chuffed.